GOSPEL MUSIC BRINGS SOULS TO GOD NOT TO ENTERTAIN part 1
You are welcome to this site once more, in this site I will be talking about gospel music and many more insight on this site, how you can maintain your stand before the Lord, what is God expected from you as a gospel musician, choir, band, solo singer, What are the qualities of the instrumentalist (musician) in the house of God, and how God want to use us to His own glory.
Let me start to say that we are called to bring souls back to God through your singing ministry, the scripture says “Well, my brothers, let’s add up what I am saying. When you meet together some will sing, another will teach, or tell some special information God has given him, or speak in an unknown language, or tell what someone else is saying who is speaking in the unknown language, but everything that is done must be useful to all, and build them up in the Lord”. 1 cor 14:26 TLB
The gift of singing you have is for a purpose and that purpose is to be a blessing, for healing, deliverance, for restoring everlasting joy in the life of the people, for salvation. And this gift was given to you by God to bring souls to God and God will ask you how many souls many souls you have won for Him through the gift that was given unto you by God.
In this article we will look at what are GOSPEL, MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT and what goes along with what we are called to do. Let’s start looking at it one after the other.
These are the meaning and what gospel is all about. The joyous good news of salvation in Jesus Christ. The Greek word translated as gospel means “a reward for bringing good news” or simply “good news.” In Isa 40:9, the prophet proclaimed the “good tidings” that God would rescue His people from captivity.
A word of Anglo-Saxon origin, and meaning “God’s spell”, i.e., word of God, or rather, according to others, “good spell”, i.e., good news. It is the rendering of the Greek evangel ion, i.e., “good message.” It denotes.
The gospel is not a new plan of salvation; it is the fulfillment of God’s plan of salvation which was begun in Israel, was completed in Jesus Christ, and is made known by the church. The gospel is the saving work of God in His Son Jesus Christ and a call to faith in Him (Rom 1:16-17). Jesus is more than a messenger of the gospel; He is the gospel.
A gospel is more than a biography intended to provide information about a historical character. It is the presentation of the life of Jesus to show His saving significance for all people and to call them to faith in Him.
- “The welcome intelligence of salvation to man as preached by our Lord and his followers. The term is often used to express collectively the gospel doctrines; and ‘preaching the gospel’ is often used to include not only the proclaiming of the good tidings, but the teaching men how to avail themselves of the offer of salvation, the declaring of all the truths, precepts, promises, and threatening’s of Christianity.
- ” It is termed “the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24),
- “the gospel of the kingdom” (Matt 4:23),
- “the gospel of Christ” (Rom 1:16),
- “the gospel of peace (Eph 6:15),
- “the glorious gospel,”
- “the everlasting gospel,”
- “The gospel of salvation” (Eph 1:13).